Ticket Sale Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions the following definitions apply:
“Promoter” refers to Club Inc. Limited (“Promoter” and also referred to as “we” or “us”).
Event means the 3-day conference event to be held in March 2019 known as “Club Leadership Summit” full details of which have been made available to you.
Ticket means the ticket made available by the Promoter for purchase by you in relation to the Event.
Venue means both Ascot Racecourse and Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa, Ascot (the latter being where accommodation during the Event will be provided).
Venue Operator means Ascot Racecourse with all relevant terms and conditions set out here…
You means you as the individual or corporate entity who purchases a Ticket(s) for the Event.
Purchase of Tickets
- All tickets are sold subject to availability and to these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions should be read carefully by You prior to purchase and any queries raised prior to purchase since the purchase of a ticket by You shall constitute the unconditional acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The price of the ticket shall be the price set at the time we accept your order.
- You must have a valid ticket to attend the Event. The ticket(s) you purchase are for personal use only. The ticket is only valid for the Event on the dates given.
- Except as we may agree in writing, You must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets. A breach of this condition will entitle the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
- There is no booking or transaction fee per ticket.
- Ownership or possession of a Ticket to the Event does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on You to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and /or intellectual property rights appearing on the ticket or relating to the Event or the Promoter
- To prevent fraud and protect the Promoter, the Venue Operator and You, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or Tickets.
- You must inform the Promoter of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details will be provided. Our preferred method to contact You is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for Tickets is not complete until accepted by us and only when we have received payment in full from you.
- We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets You have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the full ticket price you have paid) or give You the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- You accept that the event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, please email us.
- Tickets will be despatched to You electronically, if You have provided a valid email address. We cannot specify the exact date on which You will receive your Tickets.
- If you do not inform us of the non-receipt of tickets within a reasonable time (in any event at least 72 hours before the event) we will have no liability to you.
- You must check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Refunds, Changes or Cancellations
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
- If you wish to transfer a Ticket or Tickets to a third party you must contact us by email to seek our specific written permission. The Promoter reserves the right to approve or decline your request to transfer the Ticket or Tickets. Any requests for transfer of tickets must be received no later than 72 hours prior to commencement of the Event.
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace Tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, and nor will such Tickets be refunded.
- Where reasonably necessary, the Promoter reserves the right to make alterations to the published Event programme and this shall not be a reason for you to request a refund of the Ticket(s).
- Decisions to change or cancel events are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- If the Promoter cancels the Event or makes significant changes to the Venue, date or service provision it will inform you using the email address you provided. In urgent cases it may be by phone.
- If the Event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the Promoter will give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If an event is cancelled by the Promoter you will be offered a refund.
- If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, you must return any tickets you have been issued. The refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your rights as a consumer. For more information on this visit https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights
Attending the Event
- Admission to the event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the Venue Operator. If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or Venue Operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue.
- Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The Venue Operator or the Promoter will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. There will often also be rules restricting or preventing the admission of latecomers.
- You are responsible for your personal arrangements to attend the Event including transport to and from the venue.
- When you receive your Ticket(s) check the details carefully. When attending the Event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- Specific seats and accommodation for the Event may be allocated to you at the time of booking, but the Promoter reserves the right to change these seats or accommodation to others of equal value.
- You should take care of any personal property that you may have with you at the Venue and during the Event, and in no circumstances should you leave it unattended. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss, damage or theft of such personal property.
- The use of equipment by you for recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or date from inside the Venue and in attendance at the Event is strictly forbidden. Any recording made at the Event in breach of these terms and conditions shall belong to the Promoter and the Promoter and/or venue operator will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to confiscated items.
- The Promoter may share your personal information with the Venue Operator, and others as necessary only for the purposes of the event. We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.
- We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
- The Promoter cannot be liable in any way for the acts or omissions of others (including the Venue Operator). However, the Promoter does not seek to exclude its liability to you for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
- If any dispute arises out of these terms and conditions, the Promoter will attempt to settle with you. To this end the Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to consult or negotiate in good faith and to reach a fair and equitable settlement. You agree that if we are unable to settle by negotiation the parties will attempt to settle by mediation before resorting to court action.
- You agree that any delay or failure by the Promoter to enforce any of these terms and conditions does not mean the Promoter has waived its right to do so. The Promoter shall be entitled to assign any of its rights or obligations under these terms and conditions provided that your rights are not adversely affected.
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions of the venue operator constitute the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the Event.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and the Promoter are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Contact the Promoter
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact the Promoter by email email@example.com prior to making the booking. All sales are final and no refunds will be given other than as set out in these terms and conditions.